Our Mission, Values, and Purpose
To be thought leaders for a better economic future
The Hampton Roads Executive Roundtable, also known as “The Roundtable,” was established in 2023 by uniting Reinvent Hampton Roads (est. in 2016) and Hampton Roads Business Roundtable (est. in 2012) to synchronize economic development strategy, advocacy, and initiatives for the region. The Roundtable also serves as the support organization for the Region 5 Council of Virginia’s innovative GO Virginia program.
Our alliance represents the Hampton Roads region aligning with GO VA Region 5:
The cities of:
- Newport News
- Virginia Beach
The counties of:
- Isle of Wight
- James City
As collaborators, we set a clear path of economic development, strategy, leadership, community advocacy, and support of economic growth for Hampton Roads.
The Roundtable and GO Virginia were initiated by our Founding Chair, John O. “Dubby” Wynne (1945-2023). We strive to carry on his legacy through our commitment of energy, resources, and leadership needed to make this region and the Commonwealth of Virginia the best they can be.
- Create more and higher paying jobs.
- Incorporate innovation and entrepreneurship into the economic base.
- Establish and monitor economic development and innovation strategy in an equitable manner.
- Achieve strategic leadership through collaboration among economic development partners in the new “Regional Organizations Presidents Council.”
- Orchestrate the Region’s economic development strategy and associated initiatives.
- Deploy GO VA Region 5 program funds to leverage the Region’s economic growth.
- Pursue and advocate for regional policies, grants, and opportunities with local, state, and federal entities.
- Monitor regional economic development indicators for progress and adjust plans to advance efforts.
- Incorporate intentional leadership engagement and succession in the Region’s economic development.
- Prepare a Regional Economic Growth and Diversification Plan through GO Virginia.
- Strengthen the business community’s impact on the region’s economic development policy, advocacy, and initiatives.
- Enhance the relationship between business and higher education for talent and innovation.
- Streamline the number of organizations in the region with similar missions.
- Empower the participation of established and growing young companies in our region’s economic cluster.
Meet our Team
President & CEO
An executive, entrepreneur, and collaborative change agent, Nancy has extensive leadership and innovation experience across the corporate, start-up, higher education, and public sectors. She most recently led Old Dominion University’s Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship and was inaugural Executive Director for the Hampton Roads Maritime Collaborative for Growth & Innovation.
Nancy founded and served as CEO for biotech/healthcare companies Genomind and Lifescape, and fractional CEO company Avenir. She was CMO/CDO with Bank of America predecessors, and with Elevance predecessors Amerigroup and ValueOptions. Her public sector experience includes U.S. HUD Congressional Liaison and the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Nancy leads or serves on numerous entrepreneurship, education, and economic development boards all focused on community impact.
Executive Vice President
With over 40 years in organization management, Donna has directed programs in local government, local chambers of commerce, Old Dominion University, Hampton Roads Partnership, and the Hampton Roads Community Foundation. She was involved in the creation of Reinvent Hampton Roads and currently serves as EVP of the Hampton Roads Executive Roundtable, the region’s support organization for the statewide GO Virginia program that she manages.
Operations Support Manager
Diane Nolan joined the Hampton Roads Executive Roundtable in March 2023 as the Operations Support Manager.
Diane is driven to turn innovative ideas into realities and is always looking to build on current processes and discover strategies for improvement. Previously, Diane worked as Treasurer for the Norfolk and Portsmouth Belt Line and Assistant Manager Contract Publications at Norfolk Southern. Diane holds a Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree from Purdue University.
With over 30 years as a Senior Support Specialist, she has expertise in executive support, benefits administration, bookkeeping, and project management. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Counseling Psychology/Home Economics from Christian Heritage College in San Diego and her Master of Business Administration/Accounting from the University of Phoenix.
Diana recently joined the Hampton Roads Executive Roundtable in October 2023. Before moving to Virginia, she lived in Colorado and worked for Goodwill of Colorado as a Corporate Project Specialist and SRS Capital Advisors, Inc. as an Executive Coordinator.